- Lockdown continues
- Working from home keeps us surprisingly busy considering we’re home all day
- Laziness could still be a factor in things not getting done
The Potager Pandemic Project is progressing at a pitifully poor pace. I will not share pictures until it looks a little better (Allium ‘Gladiator’)
- Multiple harsh, late, freezes did in another year of wisteria blooms and damaged many early risers
- Spring continues regardless
Surprisingly, Primula sieboldii continue to do well in a damp, part shade location. I divided and moved a few in early spring and they haven’t complained a bit.
A range of seedling Primula sieboldii. I’m pleased with how well they’ve done, obviously they’re not that hard to grow!
- iris have been delayed and disfigured by the cold
- lilacs have not
A selection of lilac flowers, mostly Father Fiala hybrids and older varieties.
- Older lilacs with names such as ‘Atheline Wilbur’, ‘Paul Thirion’, and ‘Marie Frances’ roll off the tongue in a way that ‘Bloomerang Dark Purple’ and ‘Pinky Winky’ never will
- Have a wonderful week