Tuesday View: The Tropics 10.11.16

Tuesday is here and again I’m happy to join up with Cathy at Words and Herbs for the view.  Things still look warm, but the lows last night seem to have brought in the tiniest bit of frost which singed a few tomato leaves here and there in the vegetable garden.  We’re living on borrowed time!

tuesday view tropical plants

Still a tropical view.  The one kochia has gone brown, but the flowers and foliage of nearly everything else is all autumn abundance 🙂

I wish I had more to say but I’ve been distracted by the chrysanthemums and fall bulbs and time consuming things such as fall baseball and gymnastics.  I’ve also had a bulb buying relapse and in a weak moment ordered many more snowdrops than I could possibly need.  That and tulips… even though I recently said I wouldn’t buy any new ones this year.

My suspicion is that I’m the only one concerned about this latest purchase, but now that I think about it further (since I have absolutely no idea where to place these latest purchases), I wonder how the tropical border would look with a large swath of tulips and a small throw blanket of snowdrops.  I bet it wouldn’t look half bad!

Have a great week 🙂

16 comments on “Tuesday View: The Tropics 10.11.16

Your border would look wonderful early in the year with your tulips and snowdrops!

2. Anca Tîrcă says:

I really like the abundance of colours and shapes of this part of your garden!

Yes, go for the tulips and snowdrops in the tropical bed for spring, it will look wonderful.

It still looks stunning with all that colour and lush foliage. I hope you get another week or two with no frosts… we have been on the cusp a few times, but with the protective misty weather on our hillside we have been luckier than some just a mile or two away. I can clearly see that bed full of tulips Frank… great idea! 🙂

The frosts here have done far less damage than I would have thought. Good thing since I only took cuttings of the coleus yesterday and only made plans to move other things in tomorrow… maybe 🙂

Still looking gorgeous, what a pity that it will soon collapse. But tulips are a good idea for spring. More snowdrops? You really need more snowdrops?

6. Indie says:

Ha, I always end up buying some bulbs that I think afterwards, where in the world am I going to put these?! Your garden bed looks beautiful. We are definitely living on borrowed time here too!

I hear you got a stronger freeze…. we will probably get ours the middle of next week but I’m ready to clean up and move on. It’s so much easier to plant bulbs when a freeze clears things out!

7. Peter Herpst says:

The tropics still looks grand! Your idea of planting your extra tulips and snowdrops there is excellent! Nice to know that there are other plant addicts who buy things first and find a place for them later!

Haha, it’s you who are the inspiration to gardeners everywhere as far as spontaneous plant purchases go. I think if I had your nursery options I would really get into some serious trouble and be all the more pleased with myself for it!